This position reports to the National Sales Manager. The Territory Manager is responsible for achieving maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration within an assigned territory through the development of customer businesses. Promotes, sells and secures orders from existing and prospective customers through by customizing business proposals to grow both our product portfolio, Implants and the Customer’s business. Personally contacts and secures new business accounts/customers.
This is a field-based role which will require travel on a day to day basis, mainly in the appointed Territory.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory to generate new business for the organisations products/Services
- Makes telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers
- Researches sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
- Develops clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers.
- Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- Analyses the territory potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customers value to the organisation.
- Creates and manages a customer value plan for existing customers highlighting profile, share and value opportunities.
- Identifies advantages of and compares organisation’s products and services.
- Plans and organises personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time investment for the territory.
- Supplies management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Keeps abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas.
- Participates in trade shows and conventions.
- Ability to build mutually beneficial relationships based on trust and respect
- Demonstrated aptitude from problem-solving
- Results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications and contact management software.
- Valid Driver’s license