Audio Visual Engineer
This role is based in Belfast and you will be required to travel to the Republic of Ireland as and when required.
The role involves installing carts, conference room systems, screens, computer systems and other Audio-Visual products for many high-profile Companies, Hospitals and Government Authorities across NI.
The Installation Engineer will join our fitting team and undertake installation of conference room systems and ergonomic solutions such as displays, projectors, cameras, video conferencing, audio, electrical wiring, and communications equipment.
The successful candidate will have excellent problem-solving skills, excellent customer communication skills and a can-do attitude. This is an excellent opportunity for a skilled installation engineer / commissioning engineer to join a growing team and Company.
Engineer Position Overview
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Undertake installation of conference room equipment, screens, computer systems, AV products and other communications systems in a professional and tidy manner. We pride ourselves on the installation of systems and packages in the most professional and seamless manner.
- Fixing of wall/floor/desk displays, projectors, AV equipment and more.
- Wiring and tidying of wiring looms or singular cables so installed equipment is presentable and tidy.
- Work efficiently as part of the fitting team to ensure installations are done smoothly and on time.
- To be able to work alone and as part of a team where required.
- Readying and preparation of equipment and consumables in the workshop when not out on site or before installations take place.
- Adhering to Health and Safety regulations when in the workshop or on client visits.
- To keep work areas tidy.
- Carrying out scheduled tasks which will be allocated via a service management system.
- Produce accurate Service Report Records
Desirable Skills –
- Previous experience in a similar role working on Audio Visual or Conference Room equipment is desirable
- Strong knowledge of electrical wiring, mounting and other electrical installation techniques.
- Excellent communicator and team player
- Time served in an apprenticeship or BTEC National Diploma or equivalent
- Administration and maintaining experience of SCCM – packaging & pushing out System Images (Windows 10) applications & updates
- Active Directory experience
- Understanding of Microsoft Technologies including DNS, DHCP, Virtualisation
- Backups solutions knowledge
- Microsoft Windows OS knowledge (systematic fault finding)
- Knowledge of Computer Systems to include hardware fault finding and repair
- Hyper V/VMWare
- WDS (Windows Deployment Services)
- Hardware Knowledge